This Statement was last updated on March 26, 2018.
Collection and Use of Personal Information
Present Value is committed to the responsible handling and protection of personal information.
Personal information means any information relating to an identified or identifiable natural person; an identifiable person is one who can be identified, directly or indirectly, in particular by reference to an identifier such as a name, an identification number, location data, or online identifier.
We collect, use, disclose, transfer, and store personal information when needed to provide our Services and for our operational and business purposes as described in this Policy. We want to be clear about our privacy practices so that you can make informed choices about the use of your information, and we encourage you to contact us at any time with questions or concerns.
For example, your name and email may be required to be able to use our learning content, for learning progress reports submitted to your HR department, and to be able to use the contact form. Present Value will only use and share this information to your respected HR department and for learning progress reports.
The types of personal information we collect and how we use personal information
We collect personal information from you, for example:
Email. We may collect your email address if that is required by your HR department for learning progress reports. If your HR department did not assign your email address for progress reports, we will not be collecting it. Additionally, if you want to contact us through the contact form, we will need your email address in order to reply to you.
Name. We may collect your name if that is required by your HR department for learning progress reports. If your HR department did not assign your name for progress reports, we will not be collecting it. Additionally, we may use your name for printing certificates after completing an assigned module or getting a passing score in the online exams.
Phone. We may collect your phone number if you want to be contacted via phone. Using the contact form, you may add your phone number if you want us to call you instead to answer your queries by email.
In addition, we collect usage access statistics (including IP adress) for modules, online exams, printouts, question & answers, supplementary file downloads, and term searches. We collect learning progress tracking for modules and online exams (e.g. scores, time started and finished).
We process personal information for these Service- and business-related purposes
- Account setup and administration: We use personal information such as your name, email address, and phone number to set up and administer your account, provide technical and customer support and training, verify your identity, and send important account, licence, and Service information.
- Personalization: We use personal information to deliver and suggest tailored content such as module suggestions and business information and to personalize your learning experience with our Services.
- Newsletter: We use personal information to deliver the regular newsletter to you across various platforms, such as email and online. If we send you a newsletter email, it will include instructions on how to unsubscribe at any time from receiving these emails. Please remember that even if you opt out of receiving marketing emails, we may still send you important Service information related to your account and licence.
- Surveys and module rating: If you choose to participate in a survey or module rating, any personal information you provide may be used for marketing or market research purposes.
- Research and development: We use personal information for internal research and development purposes and to improve and test the features and functions of our Services.
Cookies and Other Technologies
When we share personal information
Present Value shares or discloses personal information when necessary to provide Services or conduct our business operations as described below. When we share personal information, we do so in accordance with data privacy and security requirements. We may occasionally share non-personal, anonymized, and statistical data with third parties. Below are the parties with whom we may share personal information and why.
- Within Present Value: Our businesses around the world are supported by a variety of Present Value teams and functions, and personal information will be made available to them if necessary for the provision of Services, account administration, sales and marketing, customer and technical support, and business and product development, for instance. All of our employees and contractors are required to follow our data privacy and security policies when handling personal information. Please click here to see a list of our locations where we may process personal data.
- With your company's HR department: We may submit learning progress reports.
- Our business partners: We occasionally partner with other organizations to deliver blended learning Services, provide content, or to host events, and seminars. As part of these services, you may be a customer of both Present Value and our partners, and we and our partners may collect and share information about you. Present Value will handle personal information in accordance with this Policy, and we encourage you to review the privacy statements of our partners to learn more about how they collect, use, and share personal information.
- Our third-party service providers: We partner with and are supported by service providers around the world. Personal information will be made available to these parties only when necessary to fulfill the services they provide to us, such as software, system, and platform support; cloud hosting services; data analytics; and order fulfillment and delivery. Our third-party service providers are not permitted to share or use personal information we make available to them for any other purpose than to provide services to us.
- Third parties for legal reasons: We will share personal information when we believe it is required, such as:
- To comply with legal obligations and respond to requests from government agencies, including law enforcement and other public authorities, which may include such authorities outside your country of residence.
- In the event of a merger, sale, restructure, acquisition, joint venture, assignment, transfer, or other disposition of all or any portion of our business, assets, or stock (including in connection with any bankruptcy or similar proceedings)
- To protect our rights, users, systems, and Services.
Where we store and process personal information
Present Value has networks, databases, servers, systems, support, and help desks located throughout our offices around the world. We collaborate with third parties such as partners, cloud hosting services, and suppliers located around the world to serve the needs of our business, workforce, and customers. We take appropriate steps to ensure that personal information is processed, secured, and transferred according to applicable law. In some cases, we may need to disclose or transfer your personal information within Present Value or to third parties in areas outside of your home country. The areas in which these recipients are located will vary from time to time, but may include the United States, Europe, Asia, Australia, and other countries where Present Value has a presence or partners. For a list of Present Value offices, see the "Contact Us" section.
When we transfer personal information from the European Economic Area to other countries in which applicable laws do not offer the same level of data privacy protection as in your home country, we take measures to provide an appropriate level of data privacy protection. In other words, your rights and protections remain with your data. For example, we use approved contractual clauses, multiparty data transfer agreements, intragroup agreements, and other measures designed to ensure that the recipients of your personal information protect it. If you would like to know more about our data transfer practices, please contact us.
How we secure personal information
Present Value takes data security seriously, and we use appropriate technologies and procedures to protect personal information. Our information security policies and procedures are closely aligned with widely accepted international standards and are reviewed regularly and updated as necessary to meet our business needs, changes in technology, and regulatory requirements.
How long we keep personal information
We retain your personal information for as long as we reasonably require it for legal or business purposes. In determining data retention periods, Present Value takes into consideration local laws, contractual obligations, and the expectations and requirements of our customers. When we no longer need personal information, we securely delete or destroy it.
Your right to access and correct your personal information
We respect your right to access and control your information, and we will respond to requests for information and, where applicable, will correct, amend, or delete your personal information.
- Access to personal information: If you request access to your personal information, we will gladly comply, subject to any relevant legal requirements and exemptions, including identity verification procedures. Before providing data to you, we will ask for proof of identity and sufficient information about your interaction with us so that we can locate any relevant data.
- Correction and deletion: In some jurisdictions, you have the right to correct or amend your personal information if it is inaccurate or requires updating. You may also have the right to request deletion of your personal information; however, this is not always possible due to legal requirements and other obligations and factors. Remember that you can update your account information by using the "Contact Us" option within the relevant Service.
- Marketing preferences: To opt out of email marketing, you can use the unsubscribe link found in the email communication you receive from us. For other marketing preferences, you can use the "Contact Us" option within the relevant Service.
- Filing a complaint: If you are not satisfied with how Present Value manages your personal data, you have the right to make a complaint to a data protection regulator. A list of National Data Protection Authorities can be found here: http://ec.europa.eu/justice/data-protection/bodies/authorities/index_en.htm.
Please contact us with any requests related to your personal information.
How to contact us
We understand that you may have questions or concerns about this Policy or our privacy practices or may wish to file a complaint. Please feel free to contact us.